Radar and ARPA Courses
ColPac Radar and ARPA courses are unique for several reasons.
- Firstly: The classes are small. Generally, fewer than six students.
- Secondly: We offer a 7-day Combined Radar & ARPA class. This class will save you time and money, when compared to taking two classes to meet the same requirement.
- Thirdly: Depending on instructor and space availability, we will schedule a class for a single student.
- Fourthly: Our classes cost less money, and are fewer days than most schools.
Radar is required for Master and Mate of towing vessels over 26-feet. And additionally, all inspected vessels over 300 GRT.
Also, STCW approved ARPA training is required for the Master and Mates of ARPA equipped, inspected seagoing vessels over 200 GRT.
But, this training can benefit all captains. In short: Learning to get the most out of your electronics keeps you safe, and can save you insurance costs.
Radar and ARPA Course info
- Are open to all mariners. But, you need good chart plotting skills.
- And: meet both National, and STCW training standards.
Radar Observer Unlimited Course
$600 / 4-days
This course includes instruction in radar theory and operation. In short: you will learn to use radar for navigation and collision avoidance. Most important: you will learn about relative motion.
$600 / 4-days
This course takes it to the next level. In short, you will learn to get the most out of radar by using the automated tools of ARPA. Therefore, you must have Radar Observer to take this course.
Combined Radar and ARPA Course
$900 / 7-days
This course is the best value. It starts with Radar Observer, and ends with ARPA. In short, you will have one certificate. But, it will satisfy both Radar and ARPA requirements.