|Celestial Navigation (200-ton) Course
|This US Coast Guard approved course will satisfy the Celestial
Navigation exam requirements for adding an "All Oceans" route to
any Near Coastal National Deck Officer endorsement of:
- Master 200-tons of less
- Master, Mate, or Apprentice Mate of Towing
- Mate of Fishing Industry Vessels
Subjects include the use of universal plot sheets, the Nautical
Almanac, and Pub 229 The Sight Reduction Tables.
Mariners taking this course must:
- Hold a valid near coastal endorsement for upgrade.
- Meet the professional requirements for the All Ocean route.
- Have good navigation plotting skills, and the ability to use a
calculator to preform basic math functions.
|Professional Requirements for an "All Oceans" Route
|There are no additional sea service requirements for adding an All
Oceans route to a Towing endorsement of Mate of Fishing Vessels.
The Master 200-ton or less Oceans route requires a total of
three-years of sea service experience that includes two-years as
master or mate while holding an endorsement as master or mate.